Hunters Chicken with Fettucini BakeFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 3 poached chicken breasts, cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 2 slices of thick cut bacon/cooked/drained crumbled/fat reserved shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sliced yellow squash shopping list
- 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes 28 oz. each shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of marjarom shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tespoon of black pepper shopping list
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 package of whole wheat fettucini noodles, cooked al dente shopping list
- generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Put the water on to boil for your fettucini noodles.
- Cook, drain and reserve bacon slices. Crumble bacon.
- To the reserved bacon fat, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat in large sauce pot.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent and nearly soft.
- Add carrots and squashes, Stir gently.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings and heat over medium heat while you cook the noodles.
- Dice the cooked poached chicken breasts. Or you can use one rotisserie chicken, skinned and deboned at this point. Add to sauce and heat slowly.
- Drain noodles, top with warmed sauce, cover with parmesan cheese, reserved bacon pieces and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
Mmmmmmm... perfect in this weather as we are preparing to get dumped on with snow. Hubby and I spent the afternoon outside in the freezing cold putting our Christmas lights up. Sure wish I had prepared something like this for dinner. Thanks for the g...morelor in Toronto loved it
looks good!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
This was super good. My whole family liked it lots, which includes a 4 and 2 year old. Thanks.crunchyopal in Orangevale loved it