Honey Almond MacaroonsFrom pattycake 7 years ago
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest (organic is best!) shopping list
- 1 1/3 c whole raw almonds (pulsed into almond-flour in 2 batches in blender) or 2 c pre-ground almonds shopping list
- 24 whole almonds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 300F. (Heat it to 310F if using a well insulated cookie sheet.) Line a large baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Add salt, increase the mixer speed to med/high, and beat until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Keep beating on med/high and gradually add the sugar and then honey, a little at a time, pouring away from the beater. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula a few times to ensure the sweeteners get incorporated. Continue beating on med/high until the whites form glossy peaks, about 5 minutes. Stop beating and fold in the almond extract, orange zest, and lastly the ground nuts.
- 3. Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Place one almond in the center of each mound. Bake until golden brown, 15 - 20 minutes. Keep your eye on these as honey browns fast. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack and let cool completely. Keep in a loosely covered jar.
- Enjoy :-)
- (originally posted on http://pattycake.ca and adapted from this recipe: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/honey-almond-macaroons.html)
The Cookpattycake Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
What wonderful recipe I use to purchase these at the Italian bakery.
Now that I have this great recipe I no longer have to, I can make my own
Michaeltrigger in loved it
great post... I use a lot of almond meal.. a five in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Yum, I am a big macaroon lover!!!midgelet in Eastern loved it