Asparagus Au GratinFrom way2nrml 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. asparagus shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter or extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 C. grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 C. freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 C. fresh bread crumbs (I used canned and it worked out just fine) shopping list
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley, garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Break off and discard the woody bottom ends of the asparagus.
- Steam or microwave, covered, just until tender- 5 minutes max.
- Preheat the broiler and make sure the rack is about 4 inches from the heat source.
- Use the butter or oil to grease the bottom of a medium, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the spears with the salt and pepper and place them in the dish.
- Cover them with the cheese and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.