Honey Pecan Fried ChickenFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 6 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- 4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- oil, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chicken, pat dry. Pour buttermilk into ziplock bag. Add chicken. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain chicken. Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Dredge chicken in mixture, shaking off excess. Let chicken stand 20 minutes at room temperature on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in honey and bring to boil. Add pecans and simmer glaze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 - 3/4" oil in electric skillet to 375. Add chicken (in batches; do not crowd) and fry until crisp, golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Arrange on platter. Pour glaze over. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- Teddyjs Nowhere, Us
- kitchenvixenatl Atlanta, GA
- julesfoodies Nowhere, Us
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- misterpeter Southwest Harbor, ME
- hippichik Upstate, SC
- susan007 Alamogordo, NM
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating6 people
Oh My....Oh My....!
'Be Still my Heart'! I do believe that I have at last found the
All time' Winner Chicken' recipe!!!
YOU are a Genius!
mjcmcook....A BIG "5"....!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
wow, fancy. fried chicken is so out of vogue these days. i love fried chicken but never see it on menus in these parts. i guess it's the fat they don't like. put a piece of fried chicken in front of anybody though, and it's gone in a flash. i wonder ...moremisterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Sounds wonderful and full of flavor. Great recipe - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it