Southern Style Fried CatfishFrom jencathen 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet to 350 degrees. About 1 1/2 inches depth.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat fish with thin layer of mustard on both sides.
- Dredge catfish in cornmeal mixture.
- Fry fish for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remember don't overcrowd your pan or it won't be as crispy. I usually fry 1-2 fillets at a time.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating6 people
Sounds and looks very good, wish I was having that tonight, having flounder instead. Great post, you got my 5.henrie in Savannah loved it