Potato-Pinto Bean SoupFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sliced shiitake or button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil or cooking oil shopping list
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 29 fl oz canned vegetable, chicken or beef broth shopping list
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or dairy sour cream shopping list
- fresh basil sprigs shopping list
- (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan cook the onion and mushrooms
- in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add the potatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and cornstarch.
- Stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in 1 tbsp snipped basil.
- To serve,
- ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Dollop each serving with yogurt or sour cream.
- If desired, garnish with fresh basil.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
Please save me a double serving.
This is wonderful
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Delish!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Fantastic! I can't wait to try this one!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!