Apple and date harvest cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- 2 tsp butter shopping list
- 4 cups green apple, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar shopping list
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs, well beaten shopping list
- ¼ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ cup date, chopped shopping list
- powder sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a cake pan with butter. Toss apples and nuts with sugar in a large bowl. In another bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Beat in eggs, oil and vanilla until the batter is moistened. Pour over the apples. Add dates and without over mixing, stir with a wooden spoon to evenly distribute the fruit. Pour into the cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and dust with powder sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating9 people
Mmm apple, cinnamon and date...sounds like heaven. :)chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Beautiful and I adore apples and dates...oh wow. You are so amazing, my friend. Thank you for sharing....lunasea in Orlando loved it
Wow Ahmed...... not words, not words.... this is more than anything.berry in Winter Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!