ROASTED GARLIC ONION AND RED BELL PEPPER DIPFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- 1 garlic head, halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled, halved crosswise shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 6 kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, pitted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon drained capers shopping list
- 1 French-bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place garlic and onion, cut side down, on small baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until onion is tender and garlic is golden and tender, turning over halfway through baking, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- Char red bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam. Peel and seed pepper. Chop coarsely.
- Squeeze garlic from skin. Cut each onion half into quarters. Place garlic, onion, red bell pepper and next 4 ingredients in processor and blend well. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Preheat broiler. Place baguette slices on baking sheet. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Stir dip and serve with toasted baguette slices.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups.