Authentic Chinese Fried RiceFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 12 oz. long-grain rice shopping list
- 3 pieces bacon shopping list
- 8 oz. Chinese barbecued pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 cup cooked peas shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. grated green ginger shopping list
- 8 shallots or spring onions shopping list
- 1 lb. prawns shopping list
- 2 tbsp. oil, extra shopping list
- 2 tsp. soya sauce shopping list
How to make it
- The day before:
- Make rice and spread evenly over two large cookie trays. Refrigerate overnight. Stir occasionally to allow rice to dry completely. If you want to serve rice the same day, spread out on shallow trays, put in moderate oven (325 F.) 15 to 20 minutes; stir rice every five minutes to bring the moist grains to the top.
- Finely dice bacon, fry until crisp, drain; slice pork thinly. Beat eggs lightly with fork, season with salt and pepper. Heat a small quantity of oil in pan, pour in enough of egg mixture to make one pancake; turn; cook other side. Remove from pan, repeat with remaining egg mixture. Roll up pancakes, slice into thin strips. Finely chop shallots, shell and devein prawns, if large cut into smaller pieces. Heat extra oil in pan or wok. Saute ginger one minute, stir in rice, stir five minutes. Add bacon, pork, shallots, peas, egg strips and prawns, mix lightly. When completely heated add soya sauce, mix well.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating9 people
Love fried rice, this looks like a winner. Thanks Bea.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Hi Bea, love your selection of Chinese recipes. I too have a collection of Australian Women's Weekly-LOL. They have been a source of inspiration and guidance for me :@)kidaria in BC loved it
Perfection so delicious
You have my 5 fork rating again.
trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!