Quick N Easy Cheese Danish SquaresFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 (8-ounce) packages (8 each) refrigerated crescent rolls shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce container) whipped cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 egg, separated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom with 1 package of the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture over the dough in the pan.
- Carefully unroll the second package of crescent rolls over the filling . In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until foamy; brush over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nuts, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating10 people
OMG I am sooooooooooo making this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese danish, and it's one of the few things I can bring home that nobody else here likes, so they'll be mine...ALL MINE(insert evil laugh here)!!! LOL!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
Love you Sparrow. Even us non-bakers can do this. Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
You nailed it with this one! Love cheese danish but
if they are not brand new at bakery, stale! Will make my own now. Thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it