Bread Machine Italian Herb Bread 1From lindal34 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put ingredients except for egg and herbs into the bread machine container in the order in which your bread machine suggests.
- Make a well in the center for the yeast and poke a hole in one corner of the flour and insert one unbeaten egg, keeping it away from the yeast well.
- Add yeast, if not already added and then sprinkle the herbs over the top.
- Set to bake for a cycle that completes in about an hour.
- This is for a Sunbeam Breadmaker and I have had no experience with other machines. However, I got the idea of this from a non-Sunbeam bread book and adapted to the Sunbeam. So easy!
The Cooklindal34 Vero Beach, FL
The Rating3 people
This looks great to me. I love breads that have an egg in them. Love my bread machine, too. I'm saving this to try. Thank you.frankieanne in North northern loved it
Converted this to a hand kneaded loaf. It has out of control oven spring. I'm suspecting from the lack of salt in the recipe. Still cooling. Haven't sampled. Made a pic.
A buttered slice tastes much better than a dry slice.
This...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
I made this today in my machine using a rapid program and it didn't rise. I don't know what happened, but I'll blame me. The egg may have been too cold. I know the yeast was OK because I just bought it. It was good with some butter on it! I did ...morefrankieanne in North northern loved it