Southern Squash CasseroleFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter + extra for topping shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp chedder cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup crackers, crushed (regular, not whole weat) shopping list
- Extra crackers for topping. Ritz works great shopping list
How to make it
- Boil squash and onions until tender; drain well
- Add butter,cheese, cracker crumbs,egg and salt.
- Pour in well-greased baking or caserole dish
- Top with Ritz or regular cracker crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes, or until crackers start to brown.
People Who Like This Dish 96
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating10 people
I'm all about the squash recipes right now. Yes, we planted too many, LOL. Made this one tonight and loved it!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Plenty tasty! The cut piece on the plate doesn't stand tall. It kind of schlubs down into a mound. Nonetheless I would make it again.
A 2-quart casserole dish fits nicely. It doesn't bubble over. Half a sleeve of saltines make 3/4 cup crushed. A...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
Looks like what I've been searching for - thanks for sharing, wonderful dish.henrie in Savannah loved it