Skillet Fried Apple PieFrom myszreesey 8 years ago
- oil, for frying shopping list
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits shopping list
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for dusting shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon plus more for dusting shopping list
- flour, for rolling shopping list
- whipped cream, for garnish, optional shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the oil into a large cast iron skillet about 1/2-inch up the sides and heat to about 350 degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from cans, flour them and roll each 1 out to a 5-inch round. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of fruit filling on a round leaving a 1/2-inch edge all around. Place another rolled out round on top of the filling, pressing around the edges to seal. You should dip your fingers in water and wipe around the edge of the bottom biscuit to enable it to stick to the top biscuit. Dip end of dinner fork in flour and press continuously around edge to insure a proper seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Makes 8 or 10 pies depending on the amount in your biscuit can. Place 3 or 4 of the pies in the preheated cast iron skillet. Fry for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot. Serve with whipped cream and confectioners' sugar, if desired.