Oven Baked Brown Rice With Roasted TomatoesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 firm plum tomatoes seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cups short grain brown rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme plus a few sprigs for garnish shopping list
- 4-1/4 cup chicken stock heated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season tomatoes with salt and spread out on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until edges of skins are browned but not burned about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce temperature to 375.
- In large heavy heatproof saucepan with a lid melt butter with oil over medium.
- Add onion and sauté until soft and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and chopped thyme then season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook stirring constantly until rice is shiny about 3 minutes.
- Stir in roasted tomatoes then pour in the hot stock.
- Stir once then cover and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to oven and cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove rice from oven and fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
OH YEAH Love it.thanksgrizzlybear in loved it
love rice anyway you fix it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
this sounds very good...I make rice 2 or three times a week and am always looking for a new recipe, thanks.debwin in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!