Cumin Ketchup And Chili Salted French FriesFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup ketchup - Heinz, of course shopping list
- 1 t. cumin shopping list
- 1 t. balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- 2 t. chili powder - I like the Hot Mexican variety shopping list
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled, wiped dry, cut into generous 1/4" thick sticks shopping list
- canola oil (for deep frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ketchup, cumin and vinegar in small owl. Combine salt and chili powder in another small bowl.
- Arrange potatoes on absorabable kitchen towel. Roll up, enclosing potatoes, and let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour to dry.
- Pour oil into heavy, large saucepan to deptch of 3". Heat oil to 320 degrees. Add 1/4 of potatoes and fry until just tender and barely colored, about 3 minutes. Transfer potatoes to wire rack set over paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Cool fries completely.
- Reheat oil to 400 degrees. Fry potatoes in 3 batches until deep golden brown and beginning to blister, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a basket lined with several layers of paper towels. Sprinkle with chili salt and serve with cumin ketchup.
- Now wipe that silly French-fry induced grin off your face right along with the ketchup. They're worth the time and calories!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Well I'll give that a try, most likely with the frozen fries you only have to fry once though, LOL
I do love french fries. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it