Enchilada SauceFrom jenjohnson622 6 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted completely, add flour.
- Stir with fork until thoroughly mixed.
- Turn heat up, and pour in tequila.
- Quickly mix together, and burn off the alcohal.
- Remove from heat, and add tomatoe sauce and broth.
- Mix well.
- Bring mix back to a boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Here is where the ingredients can vary, depending on your individual taste. My family loves some spice, so we use:
- 1/2 a TBSP of Chili Powder
- 1/2 a TBSP ground Cumin
- Start off with less, and add more to taste.
- Add the chili Powder and Cumin to mix, stir, and simmer until ready to pour over enchiladas.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- sampler Standish, CA
- trigger MA
- thegoldminer Sacramento, CA
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- missnaomimarie Toronto, CA
- cmmcelro Mt Pleasant - NE Texas Between Dallas And Texarkana, TX
- modelsmom Worcester, MA
- anndeek Fort St John, CA
- j_oderon North Las Vegas, NV
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjenjohnson622 Gretna, NE
The Rating4 people
Hi Jen, I like this sauce! Easy to make and the flavors are spot on for Enchilads.. Good Job... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Sounds good. Nice that it is original. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
They say an Enchilada is only as good as it's sauce. Your recipe would catapult even the basic Enchilada to record breaking heights. Two shots of Tequila one for the recipe and one for the cook
trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!