Lemon Tea CakeFrom wdsdy 8 years ago
- cake - shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 lemon. shopping list
- glaze - shopping list
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter and sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts and lemon rind.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Pour glaze over bread.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
- To make Glaze~
- Combine sugar and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Yield: About 1/2 cup.
The Cookwdsdy GA
The Rating5 people
Love the sound of this......zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Love lemon in anything so this recipe is #1 on the recipe chart.mishi in loved it
Very nice!gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!