Baked Rice with Sour Cream Chiles and CornFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 large poblano peppers, HUGE ones!, if you can't find those, use 4 regular ones shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can corn, DelMonte Summer Fresh, drained shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 bottle Tabasco sauce, green variety shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional - I leave it out, but garnish with a little) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Char chiles over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Pop into paper bag and cool 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and chop.
- Bring 2 cups water, butter, and salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Add rice, return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 16 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; cool.
- Butter 2-quart shallow baking dish. Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent. Add chopped chiles and saute another minute. Add chile mixture, sour cream, cilantro, cheese, and corn to rice. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bake until sides are light brown and mixture is heated through, about 25 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- Irishchef08 Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- image Halifax, CA
- xoxorobertaxoxo Saint Peters, MO
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating7 people
Wonderful!! Gets my 5.
Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
omg this is fabulous im coming over for dinner maybe we could meet in akron and have lunch some time ????? this summerminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
My kind of supper....;-)~~ Good One ....... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it