Grilled Balsamic Portobello MushroomsFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 4 large or 6 medium portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Light charcoal or turn on gas grill to high and let charcoal heat to white hot.
- Cut off hard ends of mushroom stems. Use a paring knife to remove most of the mushroom gills on underside of cap.
- Rinse portobellos and set on towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix together wine, vinegar, lemon juice, stock, parsley, rosemary, onion and garlic.
- Slice mushrooms into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Dip each slice into balsamic mixture and place on hot grill.
- Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes and flip.
- Drizzle more vinaigrette on mushrooms and cook another few minutes until mushrooms are soft but not mushy or burned (cooking times will vary depending on thickness of mushrooms and heat of grill).
- When done, salt and pepper mushrooms and serve warm.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: Mushrooms can also be cooked in at 350 oven on a sheet pan until tender.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
BEAUTIFUL!!!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
Love these too!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Love those boomers...great post!gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!