Slow-Cooked Pepper SteakFrom bobbijo 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. beef round steak shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths shopping list
- 2 large green peppers, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- rice or noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef into 3 x 1-in. strips; brown in oil
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine next 7 ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper.
- Cook on low 1 hour longer.
- Make paste out of water and cornstarch.
- Stir into liquid in slow cooker and cook on high until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
The Cookbobbijo Wayland, IA
The Rating5 people
Very good! Another reason to get out that crock pot!tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
Awesome recipe and very adaptable. I used a mix of green and red peppers because that’s what I had on hand. I made this on the stove top so my cook time was greatly reduced by about 4hrs. I let it simmer in the sauce 1hr before adding the pepper...moreDIZ3 in loved it
Very delicious and a keeper for sure! More in DIZ3's IMI post :) Slow Cooked Pepper Steak
2/3/16mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!