Granny Smith Apple CakeFrom lor 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Note: I have also added almond extract and if you choose to do this then reduce the amount to 1 tsp. as almond extract tends to be stronger in flavour. shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups granny smith apples, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Beat oil, eggs and vanilla well then fold in apple sauce.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add mixed oil, eggs, vanilla and applesauce.
- Mix very well as batter will be thick.
- Fold in chopped apples and nuts.
- Spread into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Glaze cake while it is still hot.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over cake while still hot.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- kmontgomery0510 Metairie, LA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- blueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
- m11andrade Kankakee, IL
- magpieno6 Fleetwood, Fylde. G.B., GB
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- cookiewoman Convoy, OH
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
Very good post, Lor! :) Hope you have a great day! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
super recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great sounding cake, love the addition of applesauce! Thanks for sharing!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it