Fresh Tomato Summer SauceFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, large, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic until soft. Add tomatoes and rest of ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Pour over pasta and serve with freshly grated parmesan.
- Note: Make double or triple batches and freeze leftovers for the winter. Roma tomatoes are best, but you can use whatever you have in the garden. If you use beefsteak or other normal tomatoes, the sauce will be more liquid and you'll have to cook it longer to let that excess liquid evaporate.
- This makes incredible chicken parm!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
And Cacciatore!! Another good one... seems that we fight the summer take over in very similar fashion.... ;-)~ Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
very nicenanoo in UXBRIDGE loved it
Nice quick sauce and tasty too.
See Fresh Tomato Summer Sauce for more detail.
7/20/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it