Cavanaghs in Webster Cream of Poblano SoupFrom rekabla 8 years ago
- 3 6 inch corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1/2 t chili powder shopping list
- 1 t cumin shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 2 T canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 c finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 c seeded & finely diced poblano pepper shopping list
- 1/2 t chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 3 c chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 c half&half shopping list
- 1/8 c roasted chicken finely chopped or shredded shopping list
- 1/2 c monterrey jack cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Cut 3 tortillas into ninths.
- Place in food processor w/ flour, chili, cumin, s&p - finely chop - think cornmeal consistency.
- Place oil in stockpot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, 1/2 c poblano pepper & garlic.
- Saute until onion is clear.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Add tortilla-flour mixture to the pan and mix to form a roux.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly w/ wire whip - cannot let it burn.
- While stirring, slowly add chicken stock - scrape sides & bottom often - cannot let it burn.
- Add half& half.
- Bring to a slow simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Do not let soup come to a hard boil.
- Turn off heat and let mixture cool a bit.
- Add chicken before serving.
- Top each serving w/ shredded cheese & tortilla strips or crumbles.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookrekabla Flint, TX
The Rating5 people
Wow, what a great soup! I know I will love it.
Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Oh yeah.....This sounds incredible...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I missed this when first posted... Having this week.. Thanks..linebb956 in La Feria loved it