Coconut Supreme Cake Cedar Creek InnFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 cups shredded coconut, fresh or packaged, lightly toasted (divided) shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons milk shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded coconut, fresh or packaged, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- For the cake:
- Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, water and oil in
- a bowl. With wire whip attachment, mix at medium speed for 4
- minutes. Fold in walnuts and 1-1/2 cups coconut by hand. Divide
- mixture evenly into three (9-inch) buttered and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the frosting: Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and milk in
- bowl and combine in mixer, using paddle attachment. Gradually add
- powdered sugar while mixing. Continue to mix until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups toasted coconut by hand. Spread frosting evenly onto tops only of 3 cake layers. Stack cakes and sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
FABULOUS HENRIE I LOVE COCONUT !!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OH, I LOVE COCONUT TOO HENRIE....YOU HAVE MY 5!!!!!!!!!
Gemtnacndn in Jasper loved it
YUMMMMMM I've got to try this one.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it