Big Chewy Oatmeal-raisin CookiesFrom thegoldminer 7 years ago
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter (1/2 lb softened but still firm) shopping list
- 1cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 11/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 cups rolled oats shopping list
- Recipe called for 11/2 cups raisins. I used 2 and next time it will be 3 cups. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions; heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 2. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together, then stir them into butter-sugar mixture with wooden spoon or large rubber spatula. Stir in oats and optional raisins.
- 3. Form dough into sixteen to twenty 2-inch balls, placing each dough round onto one of two large cookie sheets. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 16-18 minutes. (Halfway during baking, turn cookie sheets from front to back and also switch them from top to bottom.) Slide cookies onto cooling rack. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving if you can wait that long.
- If you make the 2 inch balls the cookies are very domed when cooked. They do not melt down much as you can see in the pics. I took some of the last of the batter and made balls and then using the palm of my hand I pressed the ball down and mushed the cookie out to make it spread out. They cook just about the same shape you form. It called for a longer cooking time, I shortened it and they just had a light brown bottom. A quarter of a cookie set out since yesterday and it was still soft today. I reduced the white sugar and these were not overly sweet. I definitely liked the raisings and definitely 3 cups next time.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating14 people
yummmmmm the pixie dust is sprinkled over the recipe and you get a 5 ha ha ha ha ha great jobminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Live long and prosper my friend. Your dog is thanking you for not making him suffer, John Joseph and you will see him again. Be well!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Great post and great dessert my friend.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!