Creamsicle Ice Cream PieFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- CRUST **************** shopping list
- 26 gingersnap cookies shopping list
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces shopping list
- 5 tablespoon plus1 tsp (1/3 cup) stick butter, melted shopping list
- FILLING************** shopping list
- 2 pt orange sorbet shopping list
- 1 pt vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1 cup (1/2 pt) heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- Garnish: orange slices and mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 9- to 10-in. pie plate with nonstick spray............
- Crust: Pulse gingersnaps and nuts in a food processor to make fine crumbs.............
- Add butter and process to blend. Press over bottom and up sides of pie plate. .......
- Freeze 30 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile soften sorbet and ice cream until spreadable but not melting............
- Spread 1 pt sorbet over bottom of crust. Spoon on ice cream, then spread into an even layer. Top with spoonfuls of remaining sorbet; spread to edges of pie. Freeze at least 4 hours, or wrap airtight and can freeze up to 2 weeks.........
- About 20 minutes before serving:........
- Remove pie from freezer.
- Beat cream and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Spread decoratively on pie;
- garnish with orange slices and mint.
- serve 8-9
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating8 people
This sounds so yummy..... I made hubby and I a orange milkshake tonight... just plain vanilla ice cream and orange crush drink.... tasted like a creamsicle as well.... This sounds good..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Well I see you've pulled out all the stops, this is absolutely calling me LOL Thanks Sherry I really needed that. You have my 5, but I'll keep all the forks so I don't have to share this pie ;0)henrie in Savannah loved it
I used to buy these Fred Flintstone Push-Up Pops when my daughters were children. I can't wait to make this & bring back memories for all of us!
Thanks for what will be sweet memories for our family! :)
Ps...The...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!