Caramelized apple cheesecakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate cookies crumb. shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 green apples peeled and thinly sliced. shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 (8 oz packs) cream cheese, softened. shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 125ml container plain yogurt shopping list
- 3.5 oz white chocolate, melted shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 340 F. Mix cookies crumb and butter and press in the base of a greased 23cm spring form pan.
- Melt the butter and fry apples with brown sugar over medium heat until apples start to caramelize. Stir in the cinnamon powder. Arrange the apples in the base of the prepared crust and keep the sauce; you will use it for the topping.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and yogurt and beat until just combined. And melted white chocolate and beat again. Pour the batter over the apples in the prepared crust. Bake for 50minutes until just set. Leave to cool in the oven with door ajar. Chill for 3-4 hours. Cut into 8 or 10 slices.
- For the topping:
- Preheat the rest of the apple sauce over low heat. Dissolve 1 tsp cornstarch in little water and add to the sauce stirring constantly until thickened and bubbles appear. Leave to cool completely and drizzle over the cut slices. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
Fabulous as always CHEF AHMED ..........i love it ...hey i got the drinks all ready ...come on .......bring the desserts over . to sample .....lol lol
now how did you know that i love caramel anything?????????minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This looks delicious Ahmed, and the idea to include white chocolate makes this cheesecake more delicate, in combination with the caramelized apples just great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
My friend-words fail me. As always, great flavour combinations matched with clear instructions and great photos!toleliz in Burlington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!