Pineapple Mint JulepFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 6+ sprigs of fresh mint shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice shopping list
- 2 cups ginger ale (diet is fine too, or flavored seltzer) shopping list
- 1 cup Alcohol of your choice - bourbon is traditional, but I would use vodka or white rum too with super excellent results. shopping list
- ice shopping list
- Pitcher shopping list
- Wooden spoon or wooden potato masher shopping list
How to make it
- Put rinsed mint into pitcher, take leaves off their stems.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add sugar on top of mint and zest.
- Mash for at least one or two minutes really well, bruising the mint.
- Add lemon juice and let stand for 15 minutes.
- This is when you call your GF to come on over for early evening drinks if you already haven't done so.
- Add pineapple juice, ginger ale.
- ***For extra decadence, wet rims of cold glasses with a little of pineapple juice or lemon, then place glass down into small plate with a little sugar so that the rims are covered in sugar.
- Put ice into drinks, add alcohol to desired amount, then add mix into drink.
- Add fresh sprig of lime.
- Makes almost 8 cups, enough for 4 people having two drinks.
- Photo from timeinc.com
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating5 people
this sounds very gooood....peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
oh yum this sounds great....i love your new avatar so prettyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh Leah, this loooks so D-lish! If we ever get any hot weather up here I'll be sure to try it!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!