Quick Coconut CakeFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups flour + 2 Tbsp for cake tin shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening, softened shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- Mix together - shopping list
- 8 oz dried coconut shopping list
- 4 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 5 Tbsp margarine, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add shortening, milk, almond extract.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat for two minutes more.
- Pour into tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Open oven door and spread topping mixture over cake top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- You can frost the side of the cake with vanilla & coconut icing for a fancier look.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!