Really Light And Fancy White CakeFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift together 3 times.
- Beat egg whites n a mixing bowl until foamy.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually. Continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- Cream butter or margarine and gradually add remaining cup of sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Mix in flavorings.
- Add meringue and beat thoroughly into batter.
- Line two 9 inch round tins or one 15x10x1 inch baking tin with parchment /baking paper.
- Pour batter into tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- *You can also bake this cake in three 8 inch round pans for 25 to 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- phwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- The_Ok_Melon_Baller Nowhere, Us
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- nutbuni Nowhere, Us
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- crystal_777 Port Pirie, AU
- luvabull Pearl, MS
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating6 people
Sounds so good!! Thanks for sharing.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Loevely!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Beautiful white cake...very nice post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!