Mediterranean Fish Wraps with Lemon Carmelized OnionsFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 1-1/4 lbs. swordfish, chopped into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- 4 cups onions, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. dried tarragon shopping list
- 3 cups chopped arugula shopping list
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives (or any other type of your choice) shopping list
- four 10-inch flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Toss the swordfish cubes with two teaspoons of olive oil, and add the kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Cook under a broiler for approximately 5 minutes until it is opaque all the way through, turning once.
- Heat the two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, and any additional salt and pepper to taste.
- (I used another 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper.)
- Cook until onions are tender and begin to turn golden brown--approximately 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar and tarragon and cook until all the liquid is evaporated--approximately five to ten minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the fish into a large bowl, add hot onion mixture, olives and arugula.
- Toss to mix well.
- Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
So wonderful. Love the flavor combo, and the olives are the perfect touch.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it