Italian Rice BallsFrom blondeberry 8 years ago
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 3 cups CAROLINA rice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 pkg. of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 5 beaten eggs shopping list
- bowl of bread crumbs shopping list
- bowl of marinara sauce shopping list
- 1 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water, add salt, 1 Tbsp. butter and rice.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- After the rice sets a short time; add 2 beaten eggs, 1 Tbsp. butter, one tsp salt, Marinara sauce for color, (colors the rice a nice pink) Mozzarella, and grated Romano.
- Mix until well blended and cheese begins to melt.
- Form balls with rice mixture.
- Dip the rice balls into the remaining 3 beaten eggs, and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden.
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating5 people
I love the originality of this dish no wonder you teach food lessons.
A new spin on an old family favorite.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
oh my gosh these sound delicious thank you so muchminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I make these only I make the stuffed version with the seasoned ground beef. They are a pain to make but I love them. I will take it easy on myself and try your version! Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!