King Arthur Carrot CakeFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 c flour (white or whole wheat) shopping list
- 1/16 ts baking powder shopping list
- 2 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1 ts salt shopping list
- 1 tb cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 ts nutmeg shopping list
- 2 1/2 c Shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 c Shredded or flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cn (8 oz.) crushed pineapple-(undrained) shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- I also add: 1 cup raisins Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease and flour a 10" x 14" cake pan bake for 35 to 40 mins. or 9" x 13" cake pan bake for 45 to 50 minutes or 3 8" round cake pans, bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- Beat for at least 2 minutes: oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Blend together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir until just blended. Fold in carrot, coconut, pineapple, nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into chosen pan and bake. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting.
- From the King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversay Cookbook.
- I soak the raisins in warm apple juice or a little brandy to keep them soft.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
This is close to the one I make. I love it and will do yours next week. How do you make your cream cheese frosting?
;}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
okey dokey - my birthday is coming real soon! July 10 I'll be 5 from 50!! I'll be waiting for this cake. My favorite!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Adding that cup of coconut really makes a difference.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!