Peach Meringue PieFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1 pie crust (9 inch), baked shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tapioca shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 cups peaches, fresh, peeled, sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 8 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all filling ingredients and let stand for 15 minutes. Bake 15 minuts at 450 then reduce heat to 350 and bake until done. ( You'll know when the peaches are tender and cooked through.) Top with meringue and pop back into oven until browned.
- Meringue: Beat whites until foamy, gradually add sugar and beat unti stiff.
- NOTE: To make this gluten-free, use a gf pie crust and proceed with the recipe as it is.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
hi sweetie how art thou?????........this is a yummy recipe ......thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love peaches! I have never thought to use in a Meringue pie.Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
oh how wonderful!5 ermidgelet in Eastern loved it