Fried Sweet and Sour PotatoesFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- bacon drippings or small amount of oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, washed and diced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp. Set aside. Add potatoes to drippings or oil. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Add onions, sugar,salt and water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour vinegar over potatoes.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and add to potato mixture.
- Reheat until hot to serve or this may be served as a cold dish.
- This is best when made several hours ahead of time so flavors can mingle.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating9 people
delicious!!!marky90 in Dearborn loved it
Sounds good to me, almost a german potataoe salad. I'll try it today! Thanks.fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
teresa it sounds terrific girlfriend nice post !!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!