Fried Sweet and Sour PotatoesFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- bacon drippings or small amount of oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, washed and diced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp. Set aside. Add potatoes to drippings or oil. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Add onions, sugar,salt and water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour vinegar over potatoes.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and add to potato mixture.
- Reheat until hot to serve or this may be served as a cold dish.
- This is best when made several hours ahead of time so flavors can mingle.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- mntru Nowhere, Us
- stellajean Nowhere, Us
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- marky90 Dearborn, MI
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating9 people
delicious!!!marky90 in Dearborn loved it
Sounds good to me, almost a german potataoe salad. I'll try it today! Thanks.fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
teresa it sounds terrific girlfriend nice post !!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!