Okra EtouffeeFrom susana 6 years ago
- 7-cups sliced fresh okra (frozen may be substitute if fresh is unavailable) shopping list
- 1/4-cup olive oil shopping list
- 1(20-oz)can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, drained shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3/4-tspn salt shopping list
- 1/4-tspn pepper shopping list
- 3/4-cup crushed potato chips shopping list
- 1/4-cup bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 °.
- Place okra in a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish; drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with tomatoes, onion and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for one hour.
- Stir potato chips and bread crumbs together and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 15 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve as is but is also good served over rice.
- Your choice.
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
The Rating4 people
I wish I had this recipe this morning when I was picking out side dishes for the Father's day meal. Looks wonderful!cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Yum, love okra, thanks!!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Have to try this w/ the okra from my brother-in-law's garden! My camera broke, so if I get a new one today, I will submit a picture of this yummy recipe!turlak in Spring loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!