Tri-tipFrom thegoldminer 4 years ago
How to make it
- I use my chicken shears to punch holes in the roast. I punch a hole and then twist the scissors to open the hole. I knife or screwdriver will also work.
- Once the holes are done, heavily sprinkle on the seasoning.
- Using a cup of water, drizzle water on the roast to take the seasonings into the holes.
- Sprinkle a second coating on the roast and rub in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking.
- Completely wrap in heavy duty foil with the fat layer down.
- I cook on the grill on one side without heat. It is cooked using indirect heat and only cooks about 45 minutes. About half way through I light the gas flame under the roast on low for 5 minutes then turn off the flame under the roast.
- Use a instant heat thermometer and remove with the temp reads 120 degrees tg get a roast as picture. The tip will be cooked more than the rest.
- Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes once removed.
- There will be a wonderful collection of juice in the tin foil. I like to slice the meat then dredge the slices in the juice before placing on the plate.
- If there are left overs, I slice the whole roast and put all the juice in the container. It is great heated the next day or two by putting some on a Styrofoam plate and nuking it for about a minute.
- Here is the web site for the seasoning:
- They offer a free sample.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
Yippe.!!!!!!.you did it it tastes so good ... thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This really looks great and great pictures as always!!!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Wow this sounds great, never seen the seaoning, but going to look for it today.Beautiful pics, well done.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it