Castle chocolate cakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot coffee shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt shopping list
- Panna Cotta: shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 7 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 5 ounces high-quality milk chocolate, such as Lindt or Perugina, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 vanilla beans, split lengthwise shopping list
- chocolate Band: shopping list
- 16x3-inch strip waxed paper shopping list
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 10-inch-diameter springform pans with 2 1/2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray. Place chocolate and cocoa in medium bowl. Pour hot coffee and hot water over; whisk until smooth. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat oil and both sugars in large bowl 1 minute (mixture will be crumbly). Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Beat in yogurt. Mix in half of dry ingredients. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients; beat on low speed just to blend (batter will be thin). Divide batter between pans (layers will be shallow).
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans on rack.
- For panna cotta:
- Place 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let soften 10 minutes. Place both chocolates in large metal bowl. Combine cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla beans; add beans. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture; whisk to dissolve. Pour cream mixture over chocolates in bowl; whisk until completely melted. Place bowl over a larger bowl of ice water. Stir often until mixture thickens like pudding, draining off water and adding more ice to larger bowl as needed, about 30 minutes. Remove from over water.
- Pour 1/2 of panna cotta over cake in 1 pan (mixture may drip down sides of cake). Freeze 45 minutes. Keep remaining panna cotta at room temperature.
- Remove pan sides from second cake. Using large metal spatula, carefully slide cake off of pan bottom and place atop panna cotta in cake pan. Pour remaining panna cotta over, filling pan completely. Chill overnight. DO AHEAD: Can be covered and frozen for 2 weeks. Defrost overnight in refrigerator before continuing.
- For chocolate band:
- place waxed paper strip atop a large one on your work surface. Stir chocolate in medium bowl set over pan of simmering water until smooth. Pour half of melted chocolate down center of waxed paper strip. Using small offset spatula, spread chocolate to cover strip evenly, allowing some of chocolate to extend beyond edges of paper strip, making sure strip are completely covered. Set aside until chocolate just begins to set but is still completely flexible, about 2 minutes. Using fingertips, lift strip and Wrap band around cake, waxed-paper side out, lining up 1 long edge with bottom of cake (band will be higher than cake). Gently peel off waxed paper. Chill leftovers…
People Who Like This Dish 15
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- berry CO
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- prettyandsmart Austin, TX
- liezel Bloemfontein, ZA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Sounds sinful. Great picture, great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I think this should be in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC!!!! For real!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!