Asparagus FrittataFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 2 bunch of asparagus, boiled in salt water and well drained, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin spanish olive oil shopping list
- 200 grs.(1 1/2) cups grated or rough chopped cheese (fontina, goat, Emmental...) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- In a oven proof pan heat the oil and add the chopped onion until translucent (not transparent). Then add potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Let it cook on medium, stirring frequently, until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and onion in a colander to remove the oil and return to the pan. Add cooked asparagus and stir carefully. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and add 1 cup of the cheese. Pour over the vegetables in the pan and mix. Cook until the eggs are just set and there isn't a lot of liquid running around the pan. To facilitate this, run a spatula underneath the sides of the frittata and tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs run to the underside and cook. Turn the heat off.
- Add the rest of the cheese on top of the frittata and place it under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubbly and has a nice golden color.
- Remove from oven (be careful the handle is hot!), cut into wedges and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating8 people
sounds wonderful thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow!!! that looks beautiful !!!!!and yummy .thank you....... 5 forks from me ...........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wonderful dish, great use of asparagus. YUMnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Anything Goes287 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members