Brownie Cake with CherriesFrom unswissmiss 8 years ago
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar (depending on taste and sweetness of chocolate) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, almond extract, or a combination of both shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 cup bing cherries, pitted if fresh, thawed if frozen (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp kirsch (cherry liqueur, optional) shopping list
- powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (150 C using a convection oven).
- Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan (or 6 inch, if not using cherries).
- If using cherries, toss cherries with kirsch and set aside.
- Beat the egg with sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- Over low heat, in a double boiler, or in a microwave, melt chocolate with butter, stirring frequently to keep the chocolate from burning.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, whisk it into the egg mixture along with the salt. Mix until smooth.
- Gently stir in the flour until just incorporated.
- Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- If using, scatter the cherries across the top, pressing down a little to settle them in the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve warm.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!