BEST EVER ROAST VENISONFrom sheba 7 years ago
- venison roast shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger, or enough to lightly cover roast shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 4 prosciutto slices - depending on size of roast shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- gravy shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup good port shopping list
- 2-3 juniper berries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F. Preheat oven proof frying pan on stove top and add 2 tbsp butter.
- Rub roast with salt, pepper and ginger. Wrap proscuitto around roast. fry in butter till seared. Add onion stuck with cloves and place pan in oven. Roast 20 minutes per pound for rare. Baste frequently with pan juices. When done to your liking, remove pan from oven and place roast on plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add butter, port and juniper berries to pan, cook down till gravy is slightly thickened.