Saffron Infused Pasta With Lobster SauceFrom rayguitar 7 years ago
- 2 large fresh lobster tails shopping list
- chicken stock shopping list
- celery shopping list
- carrot shopping list
- white onion shopping list
- 1/2 Bottle of Gewürztraminer or Moscato wine shopping list
- 1 large bunch fresh basil shopping list
- 4 medium sized tomatoes shopping list
- saffron (pref. Spanish) shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 stick of unsalted butter shopping list
- salt shopping list
- angel hair pasta shopping list
- Fresh Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Lobster Sauce:
- Steam lobster tails, remove from shells and set aside.
- In a large stock pot add lobster shells, 4 cups chicken stock (make sure its organic or homemade..nothing too salty), 4 cups white wine (pref. Gewurztraminer), a large pinch of Saffron, 1 cup minced celery, 1 cup minced onion, and 1/2 cup minced carrot, and salt to taste.
- Cook for 30 minutes on a medium heat until all flavors are well infused.
- When done, strain sauce through a fine mesh screen/colander to remove the lobster shell fragments and other food chunks.
- Set aside.
- While the lobster sauce is simmering, dice tomatoes into small pieces, press 4-5 cloves of garlic, and finely chop basil.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to large saute pan on low heat.
- Add garlic and 1/2 of basil: simmer for a few minutes then add tomatoes.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Slice lobster meat into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- Turn the heat to medium/low and add lobster sauce.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked angel hair and lobster meat to sauce and mix in.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Top with lobster slices and the remainder of fresh basil and Parmesan. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookrayguitar Tuolumne, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds lovely!auntybea in Vernon loved it
This is totaly awesome! I have some saffron but it came from the middle east.. Thank you for this post..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Can you make this for me right now..pretty please!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!