Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom scearley 10 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in the shortening until coarse crumbs form.
- Add buttermilk, tossing and mixing until the dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly until just smooth, and pat out to about 3/4" thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a glass dipped in flour, cut biscuits.
- Plase on an ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden.
- TIP: the less you handle the dough, the flakier the biscuits will be.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!