Spotted DickFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, suet , cinnamon and the currents/raisins.
- Keep mixing and add a little water at a time until it becomes a firm dough.
- Roll into a long cylindrical shape that is about 8 inches long.
- Carefully place the rolled pastry into a small pan that is close to 8 inches diameter as possible.
- Place this smaller pan into a larger one then fill the larger pan with boiling water, but do not fill so that the water spills into the smaller pan. This is to make a steamer to 'steam' the pudding.
- Put on the lid to the larger pan and steam for about 2 1/4 hours, making sure that the water is topped up in the outer pan with boiling water.
- Serve with custard.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating8 people
I thought it said spotted duck........till i looked.........lord.........that is great
Nice post .....got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
Yes, the English are our close relations so I have heard of, and even eaten spotted dick. And with a nice warm caramel or custard or rum sauce it is very nice!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I too thought it was spotted duck....Geez Louise!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!