Pierres Mushroom SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup full-bodied red wine shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning shopping list
- 20 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and diced shopping list
- 5 cups roasted vegetable stock (roasted-veggie-stock.html">Rich roasted Veggie Stock) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over porcinis, let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Heat 1/4 cup water in a large pot.
- Add onion, garlic, and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in red wine and seasonings. Boil 1-2 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in all the mushrooms, tomatoes, and stock.
- Bring to a boil again, then reduce to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender, puree until smooth and stir into the remaining mixture in the pot.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Woo hoo porcinis! This looks fab- great post as usual. Cheers!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
This looks wonderful. I am officially on the Weight Loss track now and this will fit wonderfully. Thanks, this could be tonight's appetizer!cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
I am a mushroom lover!herby in Albany loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members