Pecan Stuffed Summer SquashFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- about 4oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups seasoned dry stuffing mix or breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1t ground sage, or 1T fresh sage, chopped shopping list
- 1T fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 2oz pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- **if using 1lb sausage, you can either keep the recipe as is, but use 4 squash, or, you can use 1/2lb sausage and decrease the breadcrumbs to about 1 cup, and use the original 2 squash. My photo is of the former :) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour 2T melted butter and all but 2/3 cup stock in 9X13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cut edges of squash with salt and pepper and place, cut side down, in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining butter and broth in saucepan over medium heat with onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, sage, parsley, pecans and raisins. Remove from heat.
- Turn squash cut side up and fill cavities with stuffing.
- Bake another 20 minutes or so, until squash is done, basting with broth last 15 minutes of cooking.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
This sounds very savory and comforting! I believe I will try it with the sausage included...Awesome!tnjazmyn in Manchester loved it
This reminds me of a time when my mom cooked some acorn squash and forgot to poke holes in it...BLAM-O - it exploded inside the oven. What a mess! This sounds good.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Hey Keni, This sounds really good. I think this is the first time I didn't make acorn squash last winter. This reminds me how much I like it.justjakesmom in Everett loved it