Palak PaneerFrom dayna 6 years ago
- 5-6 Cups packed spinach shopping list
- 1 Cup packed arugula (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 Package firm silken tofu shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- 2 tsp margarine shopping list
- bay leaves 2-3 shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil as required shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and some water.
- Pour it over the spinach and arugula and steam it for about 7-8 minutes.
- Cool slightly and drain excess liquid. Purée in a food processor or with a emerson blender.
- Cut tofu into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the tofu pieces on 'medium' heat till they turn slightly brown. Drain and set the tofu aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of margarine. Fry bay leaves and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion. Fry until the onions become pink.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add spinach and tofu. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with steamed basmati.
The Cookdayna Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!