Chocolate profiteroles cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 9inch butter chocolate cake or Devil’s food chocolate cake, split in half. shopping list
- Profitteroles: shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3-4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 300ml heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 1 banana shopping list
- 2 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- sugar glaze: shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- 4 tbsp crushed hazelnuts shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- Cream layer: shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped with 2 tbsp powder sugar to soft peaks shopping list
- Top chocolate layer: shopping list
- 16 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place half of the split cake in a loose cake ring on your serving platter and set aside.
- Make the profiteroles first:
- Grease and flour a baking sheet. Combine water, salt, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add flour and baking powder all at once. Cook, stirring vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Turn into a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and shiny. Let cool.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls in 2 inch rounds onto prepared baking sheet or squeeze through a decorating bag with large round tube. Bake on middle oven rack at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. Make a small hall on each immediately after baking. Let cool.
- Make filling:
- Whip cream with the powder sugar until soft peaks. Mash the banana with the rest of the powder sugar and fold into the cream. Place the filling into a piping bag fitted with a long thin nozzle and pipe each profiteroles cookie with the filling. Put in the fridge while you make the sugar glaze.
- Sugar glaze:
- Mix sugar and water on a medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat until sugar melts. Let cool slightly and use to coat each cookie on the top. Sprinkle with the crushed hazelnuts. Put in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
- Chocolate topping:
- Heat the heavy cream over low heat until simmering point then pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until melted. Add the butter and stir again. Let cool completely stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Assemble the cake:
- Spread whipped cream over chocolate cake half. Arrange enough profiteroles cookies to cover all the surface pressing lightly over them. Pour the thickened chocolate topping over them. Give the cake ring a shake to evenly distribute the chocolate mixture. Arrange 7-8 profiteroles cookies over the top pressing lightly over each. Chill for 4-5 hours. Sift cocoa powder over the top and score into wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
The pictures are amazing as always, shows how hard you work, doing something you love.The recipe sounds and look, fantastic.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love your pictorial presentations, my friend. Now, if I could only have a slice...I'd be in profiterole heaven. Thanks always for your artistry and dedication to beautiful desserts. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
I can´t believe this, this is too much Ahmed, too much talent, great effort and creativity, thanks for all.
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it