The Bag Ladys Favorite Chocolate Pound CakeFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Special equipment: 10-inch bundt pan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and
- set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Add flour and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and
- ending with flour. Add vanilla and mix well. Pour batter into prepared
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cake is done.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cake plate and serve.
- Yield: 16 servings
People Who Like This Dish 8
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- chacha New York, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating7 people
Sounds reallly delicious!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This sounds like a recipe I use....I add cinnamon to mine. Got my 5!jett2whit in Union City loved it
yum teresa this does sound very good thanks honminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!