Jimmy Buffett SlawFrom keni 7 years ago
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 mangos or papayas shopping list
- 2 habanero or sereno peppers seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped(ie peanuts(chili/lime flavor is great with this), pecans, or pistachios) shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup tequilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1T honey or brown sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper(white or mixed peppercorns work well, too) shopping list
How to make it
- Toss together fruits, chili pepper, cabbage and nuts in large serving bowl then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least an hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients whisking until completely blended.
- Add to chilled fruit and toss to coat. Serve immediately after dressing.
- *Please note that heat can be adjusted to taste by the type of pepper as well as leaving some seeds in. Also, salt will be to taste depending on the nut used. If you use the chili/lime flavored peanuts, for example, please remember to decrease, or eliminate salt.